If there is one thing to be certain of, kids are going to grow, and so everything you've bought them you'll have to keep buying again and again in a bigger size.
For this reason, Encina Bicycle Center and Clayton Bicycle Center offer a trade-in program to keep kids riding their bikes and to minimize the impact on your wallet. Purchase your child's first (or second or third) bike knowing that when they outgrow it, you will get 50% off the purchase price of the bike credited toward a new bike.
For example, it is time to buy Johnny his first bike. He loves the 12" Specialized Hotrock Coaster that has a retail price of $200. When Johnny outgrows the 12" bike, simply bring it to the store and receive a $100 credit toward a new 16" Specialized Hotrock Coaster and only pay $120 plus tax (16" Hotrock Coaster retail $220 - $100 credit = $120 + tax)
It's that simple, but keep in mind that just like everything in life, there are some restrictions.
- Program is only applicable to bikes originally purchased from Encina/Clayton Bikes and must have been purchased within the last 2 years.
- Credit must be applied at time of "Trade-In to Trade-Up" toward a bike of equal or greater value.
- The Trade-In bike must be a kid's bike with wheel size of 24" or smaller. The Trade-Up bike can be an adult sized bike for the child only if it is appropriate for the size and age of child.
- Cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
- Original purchaser only.
- No credit given for accessories or modifications to the original bike (e.g. new tires, seat, kickstand etc).
- Any repairs necessary will be deducted from the credit amount so bike should be in rideable condition.